MDaemon 11: Using SSL with WorldClient
This article explains how to configure WorldClient to use SSL when running via its own web server.
- Open the MDaemon console.
- Click Setup.
- Click Web & SyncML Services...
- Click Web Server on the left
- Make sure WorldClient runs using built-in web server is selected.
- Next, select SSL / HTTPS on the left of the window.
- Select one of the bottom 3 options under HTTPS options depending on your preference:
- If you want users to connect using only a normal unsecured connection, select HTTP Only.
- If you want users to connect using only a secured Web connection, select HTTPS Only.
- If you want users to connect using either a normal, or a secured, connection, select HTTP and HTTPS.
- If you want users to connect securely, regardless of if they use the HTTP or HTTPS address, select HTTP redirected to HTTPS.
- In the Select certificate window select the certificate that you wish to use.
- Click on the Restart web server button.
- Click OK.
If you don’t have any certificates listed in the Select Certificate window you can create your own in the Create Certificate section.
- In the Host Name field enter the name of the machine WorldClient is running on.
- In the Organization / company name field enter the name of your company.
- In the Alternative host names field enter any other host names that may be used to access WorldClient.
- In the Encryption key length drop down select the encryption you would like to use.
- In the Country / Region drop down select your country.
- Click the Create Certificate button.
This article refers to version 11 of MDaemon. For information on how to resolve this in previous versions, please see the link below.
KBA-01714 Using SSL with WorldClient (for MDaemon 9.6 or lower)
KBA-02112 Using SSL with WorldClient (for MDaemon 10)