(FAQ) MDaemon 10.x: Why do we receive duplicates when receiving mail via DomainPOP?
We receive duplicate messages from the Internet using DomainPOP. What can be done to prevent this?
Here are a few options that may help resolve this issue.
- Click on Setup
- Click on Default Domain / Servers
- Expand the DomainPOP section
- Select the Parsing option
- Check the option to Detect duplicate messages using this header
- Select Message-ID from the dropdown
If that does not work, then disable the above setting and enable Parse 'Received' headers for email addresses, and Stop parsing if 'Received' yields a local address. This can help MDaemon determine if it has already accepted that message.
This article refers to MDaemon 10.x and above. For information on how to resolve this in previous versions, please see the link below.
KBA-01509 Why do we receive duplicates when receiving mail via DomainPOP? (MDaemon 9.x and below)