(FAQ) How to create and apply Public Folder permissions for Users and Groups
This article explains how to grant users/groups permission to access MDaemon’s Public Folders.
From the MDaemon configuration session:
- Click the Setup menu
- Click Public Folder Manager
- Select the Public Folder you wish to edit
- Click Edit ACLs
- Click Edit
- Click Add
- Use the Select Users, Groups, or Built-in Objects window to specify what is to be added.
- Click OK to return to the Edit ACL menu.
- Select which user permission(s) to grant to the entity.
You can grant the following access control permissions:
(Optional) Select Apply to all child folders to apply these permissions to any sub-folders beneath the parent folder.
(Optional) Select Overwrite child folders to remove any existing permissions for the entity in the child folders and replace with the parent folder permissions.
Click OK to close the menu.
- Administer – user can administer the ACL for this folder.
- Create – user can create sub-folders within this folder.
- Delete – user can delete items from this folder.
- Mark Read – user can change the read/unread status of messages in this folder.
- Insert – user can append and copy items into this folder.
- Lookup Folder – user can see this folder in his personal list of IMAP folders.
- Post – user can send mail directly to this folder (if folder allows).
- Read – user can open this folder and view its contents.
- Write – user can change flags on messages in this folder.
Note: Non-email folders will require the user to use WorldClient or our Outlook Connector product to view the folders.