How to set up Postmaster and Abuse aliases in MDaemon
Each domain hosted on your MDaemon server should have a postmaster and an abuse alias. The steps below describe how to configure the aliases.
From the MDaemon menu bar:
- Click Accounts
- Click Account Settings...
- Click Aliases on the left
- In the New alias field enter firstname.lastname@example.org, where example.com is your domain name (Alternatively, enter postmaster@$LOCALDOMAIN$ to match any domain registered in MDaemon)
- In the Actual address field, type in the email address that should receive messages addressed to the postmaster (This is usually the email administrator's address). Alternatively, use the drop-down menu to choose an account setup in MDaemon.
- Click Add
- Repeat steps 3 and 6 for email@example.com
- Click Ok
This article refers to MDaemon 10.x and above. For information on how to resolve this in previous versions, please see the link below.
KBA-01324 How to set up a Postmaster and Abuse aliases in MDaemon (for MDaemon 9.6 and below)
KBA-02029 MDaemon 10.x: How to set up Postmaster and Abuse aliases in MDaemon