(FAQ) The MDaemon domain is listed on a internet blacklist. What do I have to do to get off the blacklist?
There are many different reasons for being added to a blacklist. The most common reason being your server allows messages to be sent out from local addresses with no verification. While technically not a relay, certain blacklist sites may blacklist the domain/server for allowing mail from local addresses without first forcing authentication.
In the MDaemon GUI or Remote Administration:
- Click Security
- Click Security Settings...
- Select SMTP Authentication
- Check Authentication is always required when mail is from local accounts
- Check Mail from 'postmaster', 'abuse', 'webmaster' must be authenticated
- Click OK
- Request a de-listing from the blacklist that had added the domain originally.
Note - this will require MDaemon users using mail clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc...) to enable outgoing authentication to send out mail through the MDaemon server. WorldClient uses outgoing authentication by default.