(FAQ) How do I create a certificate to include secondary domains for WorldClient?
How do I create a certificate that includes my secondary domains for WorldClient?
If you do not specify additional hosts, you will get a warning from your browser stating that the name on the certificate is invalid ('The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site').
To make sure that your SSL certificate covers all domains registered in MDaemon, follow these steps:
- Open the MDaemon console.
- Click Setup
- Click Web & SyncML Services...
- Select SSL / HTTPS under WorldClient (web mail)
- Under Alternative Host Names, put in all the secondary domains that are also covered under the SSL certificate, separated by commas.
- Click Create Certificate.
- Click OK.
This article refers to version 11 of MDaemon. For information on how to resolve this in previous versions, please see the link below.
KBA-01729 How do I create a certificate to include secondary domains for WorldClient? (MDaemon 9.6 and lower)
KBA-02113 How do I create a certificate to include secondary domains for WorldClient? (MDaemon 10)