How to set up an IMAP email account using the Apple iPhone
This document explains how to configure an IMAP email account to your MDaemon server using an Apple iPhone.
- Select Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account
- Select Other
- Select Add Mail Account
- Enter the following information in the text boxes:
- Name — Enter your full first and last name, as you want it to be displayed in the emails you send.
- Address — Enter your full email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password — Enter the password for your email account on this server.
- Description — Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
- Select the Next button.
- Select IMAP
- Enter the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server information
- Host Name — Enter the hostname of your MDaemon server
- User Name — Enter your full email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- Password — Enter the password associated with your email account.
- Select Next to allow the iPhone to Verify the account.
NOTE: If you don't have MDaemon configured for SSL, you may be prompted with a message about an SSL certificate. Select Yes on the pop up notification to continue onto the next screen. If prompted again select Yes to continue without SSL.
The incoming and outgoing server can be the same information you use to connect to WorldClient.