Upgrading MDaemon from within the Console
This article explains how to upgrade an existing version of MDaemon to the current release of the software.
Before upgrading MDaemon, verify you have current Software License Renewal. You can do this in MDaemon under Help | Register your MDaemon Software.
If your Software License Renewal has expired, you do have the option to renew. Please contact mailto:email@example.com or visit http://www.altn.com/Purchase/Software/UpgradeProtection/ to find all available pricing options.
Also review the release notes for the version on our website to evaluate how you will be affected by any feature changes. A link to the release notes will be provided during the upgrade process, but you can also find the latest release notes at: http://files.altn.com/MDaemon/Release/RelNotes_en.txt
- (Optional/Recommended) Back up the entire MDaemon directory
- Open the MDaemon console
- Click Help
- Click 'Check for MDaemon Updates'
- Click Next on the update checker screen
- Click Next on the confirmation screen
- Click Next on the summary screen
- Click Next to begin the download of the new version
- Click Finish to start the installation
- Follow the installer steps on screen
- Click Finish to start MDaemon again
If you are running Webmail, Remote Administration, ActiveSync, or Autodiscover on IIS, be sure to 'unload' under the IIS Home Directory settings before running the upgrade. This should prevent MDaemon from forcing a reboot on upgrade.