Setting up Windows Mobile devices to connect to MDaemon's SyncML service via the Synthesis client
This article will explain configuring a Windows Mobile device to connect to MDaemon's SyncML service. The recommended client for Windows Mobile devices is the Synthesis client.
- Download and install the Synthesis client from http://www.synthesis.ch/prod_client.php?lang=e&lay=desk
- On the mobile device, select 'Applications'
- Execute the Synthesis SyncML application
- Select 'Extras'
- Select 'Settings'
- Enter the following settings:
Host: http://mail.example.com:3000/MDSyncml.dll (where mail.example.com:3000 is the URL of the WorldClient server)
Username: Your MDaemon email address
Password: Your MDaemon password
- Select which items you would like to synchronize
- Select the 'Organizer' tab
- Enter 'contacts' for the contacts server path
- Enter 'calendar' for the events server path
- Enter 'tasks' for the tasks server path
- It is recommend that the 'Only from...' option is enabled. This feature allows you to limit which calendar events are sent to the device.
- Select 'OK'
- Select the 'Synchronization' icon