Setting up BlackBerry devices to connect to MDaemon's SyncML service via the SyncJe client
This article will explain configuring a BlackBerry device to connect to MDaemon's SyncML service. The recommended client for BlackBerry devices is the SyncJe client by Nexthaus.
- SyncJe installation and download instructions can be found on http://www.nexthaus.com/blackberry.html
- From the BlackBerry device, run the SyncJe Client
- Click the scroll wheel and select 'Settings'
- Enter the following settings:
Host: http://mail.example.com:3000/MDSyncml.dll (where mail.example.com:3000 is the URL of the WorldClient server)
Username: Your MDaemon email address
Password: Your MDaemon password
- Click the scroll wheel and select 'Get Folders' This will automatically populate the folder names for calendar, contacts and tasks.
- It is recommended to use the 'Only sync events between...' option. This feature allows you to limit which calendar events are sent to the BlackBerry.
- Click the scroll wheel and select 'Save'
- Click the scroll wheel and select 'Start sync'