Configuring TCP/IP on MAC OS8
This article describes the necessary steps to configure TCP/IP on MAC OS8. This is necessary to be able to send mail to and receive mail from MDaemon.
- Click the Apple icon from the menu bar.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Double click the TCP/IP icon.
- When you see this folder, click on the Connect Via box and choose Ethernet Built In.
- In the Configure box choose Manually.
- In the IP Address section, type in your IP address (Ex: 192.168.0.2).
- Set the Subnet to your network subnet (ex: 255.255.255.0).
- Set the Name Server Addr to the IP address of the MDaemon machine (ex: 192.168.0.1).
- Close the window.
Once you have launched an application that uses the TCP/IP stack (e.g. Netscape), you can test your network by pinging this machine from your windows gateway. (On the Windows machine, go to the Dos prompt and type: ping (ex: 192.168.0.2). If you get a reply, then it's working.
For more information on Macintosh configuration options, go to:
OS 8: http://www.chasms.com/
This is for a NON DHCP network.