MDaemon 17.0.x - How to setup secondary domains in MDaemon
MDaemon's support for multiple domains is built around the concepts of a 'default' domain and one or more 'extra' domains. MDaemon maintains local mailbox directories for all accounts within the default and all extra domains.
1. Click Setup
2. Click Domain Manager
3. Click New Domain
4. In the New domain name: field, type a secondary domain name (ex: example.com)
5. In the SMTP host name field, type in the Fully Qualified Domain Name for the extra domain (ex: mail.example.com)
6. For the IPv4 and IPv6 fields, click the Detect button
Note: If this domain is accepting connecting on the same interface as MDaemon's primary domain, place this IP address in the field. If this domain is accepting connections on a different interface, place that IP address in the field.
7. If this secondary domain must be bound to a specific IP address, check the This domain recognizes only connections made to these IP's.(typically not necessary)
8. Click Settings
9. Select Enable AntiVirus service for this domain if you want SecurityPlus for MDaemon to scan messages for this domain
10. Select Enable AntiSpam service for this domain if you want MDaemon's spam filter to scan messages for this domain
11. If you have any more domains to add, repeat steps 3-8
12. Click OK