How to use Group Policy to deploy the Outlook Connector Client (MSI)
This article explains how to use Group Policy in Active Directory to deploy the Outlook Connector Client (MSI) to machines connected to the domain.
- Download the appropriate MSI install file from our download section here: http://www.altn.com/Downloads/ExistingCustomers/Outlook-Connector-MSI-Client/
- Log on to the server computer as an administrator
- Create a shared network folder and assign the appropriate permissions to the folder for the users to access it.
- Place the MSI file you downloaded in Step 1 in the above folder
- Launch the Control Panel
- Select Administrative Tools
- Click Active Directory Users and Computers
- Right Click on the domain
- Click Properties
- Click the Group Policy tab
- Select Open
- Select Actions
- Select Create and Link a GPO Here...
- Type the name of the Group Policy Object (For example: Outlook connector MSI)
- Double Click the Group Policy Object and edit the Scope if necessary to include the computers that you wish to assign the MSI to
- Right Click the Group Policy Object you created and click Edit
- Expand Software Settings under Computer Configuration
- Right Click Software installation
- Select New
- Click Package
- Type the full UNC path of the shared folder you created in step 3 (Do not browse out to the folder, for example: \\server01\install\ComAgentInstall.msi)
- Click Open
- Select Assigned
- Click OK
- When the client computer starts, the Outlook Connector Client is automatically installed.
Note: The setup and configuration of the Outlook Connector MSI via Group Policy is NOT supported by technical support