MDaemon 10.x: How to set up Postmaster and Abuse aliases in MDaemon
Each domain hosted on your MDaemon server should have a postmaster and an abuse alias. The steps below describe how to configure the aliases.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Account Settings...
- Click Aliases on the left.
- In the New alias field enter firstname.lastname@example.org, where domain.com is your domain name. You may also enter postmaster@$LOCALDOMAIN$ to match any domain registered in MDaemon.
- In the Actual address field, type in the email address that should receive messages addressed to the postmaster (This is usually the email administrator's address). You may also use the drop-down menu to choose an account setup in MDaemon.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for email@example.com.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
This article refers to MDaemon 10.x and above. For information on how to resolve this in previous versions, please see the link below.
KBA-01324 How to set up a Postmaster and Abuse aliases in MDaemon (for MDaemon 9.6 and below)