How to back up and restore MDaemon
This article explains how to back up your MDaemon settings.
How to backup MDaemon depends on your preference for what to backup. Here are some suggestions:
- MDaemon configurations only - Copy the entire MDaemon\App directory to another location.
- MDaemon configurations and email - Copy the MDaemon\App, MDaemon\Public Folders, and MDaemon\Users folders.
- MDaemon configurations, email and Spam Filter settings (including Bayesian knowledge) - Copy the MDaemon\App, MDaemon\Users and MDaemon\SpamAssassin directories.
If you prefer, you can also make a backup of the entire MDaemon directory and all of its subfolders. That will back up everything.
Whichever option you choose, the restore process is the same.
- Copy the folders back into their proper place on the hard drive
- Install MDaemon into the same location it was previously installed