How to back up and restore MDaemon
How to backup MDaemon depends on your preference for what to backup. Here are some suggestions:
- MDaemon configurations only - Copy the entire MDaemon\App directory to another location.
- MDaemon configurations and email - Copy the MDaemon\App, MDaemon\Public Folders, and MDaemon\Users folders.
- MDaemon configurations, email and Spam Filter settings (including Bayesian knowledge) - Copy the MDaemon\App, MDaemon\Users and MDaemon\SpamAssassin directories.
If you prefer, you can also make a backup of the entire MDaemon directory and all of its subfolders. That will back up everything.
Whichever option you choose, the restore process is the same.
- Copy the folders back into their proper place on the hard drive
- Install MDaemon into the same location it was previously installed