How to add new or additional verification source or edit an existing one in SecurityGateway
This article explains how to add new or additional verification source or edit an existing one in SecurityGateway.
If no user verification sources exist, users will need to be manually added to successfully submit mail to the gateway.
Log in to the SecurityGateway web portal with the global administrator account.
- Click Setup / Users
- Click Accounts
- Click User Verification Sources
- Click New if creating a new or choose the source to edit and click Edit
This will open a pop-up menu to enter the properties and type of the User Verification Source
- Type - Choose one of the four available verification sources.
Description - Choose a name for the verification source
Host name or IP
Authentication Requirements of the verification source (user name and/or password, depending on the chosen source)
Minger Password (if using MDaemon/Minger)
Search Filter (if using Active Directory / Exchange or LDAP)
Option to choose this source as the default verification source and/or specific which domains will be using the verification source.
Click Save and Close
- SMTP Verification (Call forward) - Contacts the mail server via SMTP to verify if the user exists
- Active Directory / Exchange - Connects to Active Directory/Exchange and queries if the user exists using the defined search filter.
- MDaemon (Minger) - Queries an MDaemon server and uses MDaemon's Minger protocol to verify if the user exists.
- LDAP - Connects to LDAP server and queries if the user exists using the defined search filter.