Windows 10 Creator Update and Outlook Connector
07/20/2017 Update: An updated client installer has been made available to address issues with the Windows creator update. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a Technical Support request form for instructions on how to obtain the installer.
The Creators Update for Microsoft Windows 10 has introduced various technical issues that are being reported to Alt-N's Technical Support staff. This recent update introduced by Microsoft has been impacting all third-party Outlook users, including MDaemon customers using the Outlook Connector for MDaemon plug-in.
Alt-N's development and technical teams are working to find a solution to address the issues as soon as possible. Updates, fixes, and/or work arounds will be updated here when available.
We recommend that you delay the Creators Update installation, if at all possible, until we have identified a fix to this issue.
If you are experiencing issues, we have had success with the following work-arounds for some customer environments. Please be advised, suggestions and reported work-around results may vary.
- There have been reports that uninstalling and reinstalling Office and Outlook Connector, or just installing a new version of Outlook Connector fixes hanging/crashing/search related issues.
- Other reports that upgrading from the 32-bit version of Outlook and/or Outlook Connector to the 64-bit versions fixes reported issues.
- Selecting the options to load PIM and IMAP folders synchronously. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Select the Outlook Connector Toolbar
- Select Accounts
- Click the Folders tab
- Check Load PIM Folders Synchronously
- Check Load IMAP Folders Synchronously
- Disable hardware graphic setting in Outlook: File / Options / Advanced / Display / Disable hardware graphics acceleration (check/enable this setting)
- Disable all Outlook add-ins, except the Outlook Connector for MDaemon add-in should be listed under "Active Application Add-ins."
- Additionally, the following 4 add-ins should always be disabled:
- Microsoft Exchange Add-in (UmOutlookAddin.dll)
- Microsoft SharePoint Server Colleague Import Add-in (ColleagueImport.dll)
- Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in (OUTLVBA.DLL)
- Outlook Social Connector 2016 (SOCIALCONNECTOR.DLL)
- Users have reported that they had to unregister the DLLs in the step above in order to disable them.
- To do this open a command prompt, go to the file path and enter regsvr32 /u filename.dll (replace filename.dll with the DLL above).
- Remove both personal and public folders from the Address book.
- Right click on the Calendar
- Select Properties
- Click Outlook Address Book
- Uncheck Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book