MDaemon 13.5.x: Forgetting an ActiveSync configured device automatically and/or manually
MDaemon's ActiveSync server can be configured to forget/discard any previous configuration and/or access history for a device that has been inactive for X amount of days. The default is 31 days.
A manual process can be performed to discard any previous ActiveSync configuration or access history if a user has left or no longer uses ActiveSync.
To configure MDaemon to automatically forget a device that hasn't connected:
- Select Setup
- Select Mobile Device Management
- Expand ActiveSync
- Select Options
- Within the Forget devices that haven't connected in this many days (0=never) field, enter a day value.
- Select OK
To manually forget a device:
- Select Accounts
- Select Edit Accounts
- Edit the account in question
- Select Devices
- Select the device that will be forgot within the Select device: drop down menu
- Select Forget device button
- Select OK
The next time the device connects it will be forced to reprovision if a policy is in place at the domain level, perform an initial foldersync, and re-sync all subscribed folders. This helps to keep your installation clean from having a lot of old/retired/unused devices. As part of the daily cleanup event MDaemon will check all devices for inactivity.