MDaemon 13x: Setting up secondary domains in MDaemon
MDaemon's support for multiple domains is built around the concepts of a 'default' domain and one or more 'extra' domains. MDaemon maintains local mailbox directories for all accounts within the default and all extra domains.
- Click Setup
- Click Domain Manager
- Click New Domain
- In the New domain name: field, type a secondary domain name (ex: example.com)
- In the FQDN for this host field, type in the Fully Qualified Domain Name for the extra domain (ex: mail.example.com)
- In the Domain IPfield, type in the IP address for this domain (ex: 192.0.2.124)
- Note: If this domain is accepting connecting on the same interface as MDaemon's primary domain, place this IP address in the field. If this domain is accepting connections on a different interface, place that IP address in the field.
- If this secondary domain must be bound to a specific IP address, check the Bind listening sockets to this IP option (typically not necessary)
- Select Enable AntiVirus if you want SecurityPlus for MDaemon to scan messages for this domain
- Select Enable AntiSpam if you want MDaemon's spam filter to scan messages for this domain
- If you have any more domains to add, repeat steps 3-8
- Click OK