MDaemon 13.x: How to enable ActiveSync on your MDaemon server
This article will explain how to enable ActiveSync on your MDaemon server.
Note: MDaemon 12.5.0 or higher now supports email synchronization via ActiveSync. Click here for more information on upgrading to the current version of MDaemon.
Please ensure you have a complete back up of your device before synchronizing for the first time. You can consult your device’s manual for instructions on how to back up your device.
On the MDaemon server:
- Click Setup
- Click Mobile Device Management…
- Enable this option: Enable ActiveSync Server
- From the drop-down box, select the domain for which you wish to enable ActiveSync.
(Note: You can select Default to enable ActiveSync for all domains)
- Enable this option: Enable ActiveSync service for this domain
- Acknowledge the MDaemon dialog box and click Yes (Note: See Additional Comments below)
- MDaemon will request a trial key if this is the first time you are enabling the server.
- Click Ok
Note: When you enable ActiveSync for MDaemon the first time, it will operate for 60 days on a trial basis. There is a one-time license fee available, if you wish to continue using it. You can acquire the license key from www.altn.com or your local distributor/reseller.
Additional: ActiveSync is a web-service extension that only works on ports 80 (http) and 443 (https). ActiveSync will not work unless your web server (either WorldClient's built-in web server or another, such as IIS) is running on port 80 and/or port 443. This is an ActiveSync implementation requirement. If you wish to bind WorldClient’s web server to these to these ports, follow the steps in this article: KBA-02289.
To purchase ActiveSync please visit http://www.altn.com/Purchase/ActiveSync/ .