How to search for a contact in the public address book on your BlackBerry smartphone in MDaemon
This article will explain how to search a contact in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) public address book in MDaemon.
Note: Instructions may vary depending on which model and operating system the BlackBerry device you are using has installed. In this example, the BlackBerry 9650 (Bold) is used.
Using your BlackBerry Smartphone, use the following steps to lookup a contact from the BES public address book in MDaemon:
- Select the Desktop icon from the home screen, and then press the trackpad
- Press the BlackBerry Menu key
- Select Compose Email and then press the trackpad
- Type the contacts name you wish to lookup in the To: field. (example: 'Blake')
- Select Lookup: 'Blake' and then press the trackpad
- The BlackBerry device will display the matches for 'Blake'
- Select the contact that you wish to email and then press the trackpad
Note: To add the contact to your private address book, Select the contact | Press the BlackBerry Menu key | Select Add to Contacts and then press the trackpad.
This feature is only available in MDaemon Pro.