Changing the Primary Domain Name in MDaemon running on Windows 2003 or earlier
This article explains the necessary steps for changing the primary domain name in MDaemon running on Windows 2003 or earlier.
you are accessing MDaemon via a Remote Desktop Connection, you will need to connect using a console session.
To connect using a console session:
- Click the Windows Start button
- Click Run…
- Type 'mstsc /admin' (If you are running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008) or 'mstsc /console' (if you are running an earlier version of Windows)
- Click OK (This will launch the Remote Desktop Connection dialog; connect as you would normally)
Once you have a console session established, or running MDaemon as an application follow these steps to change the primary domain name:
- Click the Setup menu
- Click Default Domain / Servers…
- Type the new primary domain name within the Domain name field
- Click OK