(FAQ) MDaemon 11.x: How do I stop ComAgent from automatically asking to download updates?
When ComAgent detects a newer version is available on the server, it prompts the user to upgrade. How do I disable this prompt?
On the MDaemon server, open Windows Explorer and follow these directions:
- Browse to the MDaemon\WorldClient directory
- Open the file Domains.ini in a text editor
- Look for the line DisableComAgentAutoUpdate=No
- Change No to Yes
- Save the file
- Restart WorldClient
- Open the MDaemon console
- Click Setup
- Click Web, Sync, and IM Services...
- Click the Restart WorldClient button
- Click OK
The new version of ComAgent is still available by logging into WorldClient and going to the ComAgent section under Options.
KBA-01748 How can I disable ComAgent for certain users?
KBA-01068 ComAgent Installation Instructions