(FAQ) How can I move MDaemon's mailboxes to a different drive?
MDaemon contains a program called DirReorg that will assist with reorganizing the user directories to the default mail folder for new users. To verify/change the current new user directory path:
- Select Accounts
- Select Groups & Templates
- Expand Template Manager
- Expand New Accounts
- View/Edit the Mail Folder text box
Follow the steps bellow to change the directory path for the current MDaemon users to the current default directory path.
- Shut down MDaemon
- Make a copy of the \MDaemon\App\userlist.dat file and a backup of the \MDaemon\Users directory.
- Open a command prompt
- Use the change directory command (cd) to navigate to the \MDaemon\App folder.
For example: cd c:\mdaemon\app (assuming MDaemon is installed on the root C:\ directory)
- Enter dirreorg.exe /Q
DirReorg moves the mailboxes to the default location for new accounts (See above).
- Review the new mailbox structure, ensuring that the files are in the correct place.
- Start MDaemon
See Also KBA-01697: Using DirReorg to reorganize your MDaemon user folders