(FAQ) How can I improve WorldClient's performance?
Are there any tips I can use to improve WorldClient's performance?
- Defragment the disk where the users' folders reside at least once a week.
- Configure the MDaemon server to use 'best performance' on background applications (this is the default setting on most server operating systems).
- Right-click My Computer
- Select Properties
- Select the Advanced tab
- In the Performance section click the Settings button
- Click the Advanced tab
- Select 'Background services' at the top of the dialog
- Click Apply
- Click OK
- If you have users with a large number of messages and/or folders, these user-configurable options may improve performance for those users:
- Log into the account in WorldClient
- Click Options
- Click Personalize
- Enable 'Skip initial mail check'
- Enable 'Collapse mail folders'