How to enable and setup Dropbox integration and utilize Dropbox features in MDaemon Webmail
With the release of MDaemon 17.0, administrators can enable Dropbox support which will allow end users to save email attachments to Dropbox or add shared links to Dropbox files in mail composed in MDaemon Webmail.
This article will describe how to perform the following:
- Create a Dropbox application
- Enable Dropbox Support in MDaemon
- Connect to a Dropbox account in Webmail
- Saving attachments to Dropbox
- Linking Dropbox attachments to a message composed in Webmail
- Create a Dropbox application
- Click the following link: Dropbox Platform
- Sign in to your Dropbox account
- Choose Dropbox API
- Choose Full Dropbox
- Choose a unique name for the app.
- Select Create App
- Select Enable Additional Users in the Development Users section
The Redirect URLs should be secure URLs to Webmail (HTTPS must be enabled in Webmail).
- This will enable up to 500 users to connect to the application.
- If connecting more than 50 Dropbox accounts, a Dropbox production status is required.
Change Allow implicit grant to Disallow
Enter the MDaemon domain name in the Chooser/Saver domains section.
Enable Dropbox Support in MDaemon
- Open the MDaemon GUI
- Select Setup
- Select Web & IM Services
- Click the Dropbox menu under Webmail
- Check the Enable Dropbox Integration checkbox.
- Enter the Dropbox app key and Dropbox app secret generated for you by Dropbox.
- Click Apply
- Click OK
- To enable Dropbox integration on a per user basis:
Connect to a Dropbox account in Webmail
- Clear the Enable Dropbox Integration check box
- Navigate to the user's \MDaemon\Users\(domain)\(user)\WC folder.
- Open the User.ini file in a text editor.
- Add DropboxAccessEnabled=Yes under the [User] section.
- Once enabled, open a browser and navigate to the Webmail login page.
- Logged in, the following will be displayed at the top of the browser
- Select Go and the browser will load the Cloud Apps menu.
Review the instructions and select the Setup Dropbox button.
- This menu can also be accessed by selecting the Options icon and clicking on Cloud Apps.
Once finished the page will refresh and provide options for the connected Dropbox account.
Saving attachments to Dropbox
- Open an email with an attachment, there will be a Dropbox logo next to the attachment name.
- Click the Dropbox icon to save the attachment in the MDaemon_Attachments folder in the Dropbox account.
- A pop-up will appear and ask to save the attachment in the MDaemon_Attachments folder in the Dropbox account.
Linking Dropbox attachments to a message composed in Webmail
- A limit of 150MB is currently set for saving attachments.
- Click Do not ask me again to permanently dismiss the notification.
- Please note - The MDaemon_Attachments folder name cannot be changed.
- If the MDaemon_Attachments folder does not exist, it will be created.
- Compose a new message in Webmail.
- Click the Dropbox icon.
Select the file(s) to be added to the message.
The file(s) will appear as clickable links in the message body.
- This will open a new window and display the available Dropbox files/folders.
- A login to Dropbox will be required if not already logged in.
Selecting the link will take open a browser to the Dropbox item, where the file can be viewed/downloaded/shared.
- The amount of control one has over the link depends on the type of Dropbox account.