How to sync contacts to Mac OSX Contacts application via CardDAV
MDaemon 16.0 and above will allow contacts to sync with the Apple's Contacts application in OS X.
Please be aware these is a limitation in the Contacts application that will only allow the personal contact list to be synchronized.
Follow the steps below to sync personal MDaemon contacts to the Contacts application on a Mac computer.
Verify the CardDAV services are enabled in MDaemon.
- Select Setup
- Select Web & IM Services
- Select CalDAV & CardDAV
- Verify Enable CalDAV & CardDAV server is checked
On the Mac computer:
- Open the Contacts application on the Mac
- Select Contacts
- Select Accounts...
- Select Add Other Account...
- Select CardDAV account
- Change the Account Type to Manual
- Enter the MDaemon account address in the User Name field
- Enter the MDaemon account password in the Password field
- Enter the Server Address (host name or IP address)
Click Sign In to complete the process.
- Use https:// if SSL is enabled for WorldClient