How to sync calendars and tasks to an iOS device using CalDAV
MDaemon versions 15.5 and above contain support of the CalDAV protocol. This allows iOS users to sync calendars and tasks to a number of devices and clients. The article below demonstrates how to setup calendars/tasks on a iOS device.
Verify the CalDAV services are enabled in MDaemon.
- Select Setup
- Select Web & IM Services
- Select CalDAV
- Verify Enable CalDAV server is checked
Follow these steps on the iOS device to setup calendars/tasks on the iOS devices.
- Select Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account
- Select Other
- Select Add CalDAV Account
- Enter the Server, User Name, Password, and Description
(See the server syntax below to help verify proper URL)
- Choose Calendars and/or Reminders (tasks) to sync to the device
- Press Save
The calendars/tasks will be added and accessible from native Calendar/Reminder applications on the device.