Alt-N Technologies Releases New Email Security Gateway for Exchange/SMTP Servers
12 Years of Email Expertise Delivers Simple, Powerful, and Accurate Performance to Stop Spam and Other Malware
Grapevine, Texas (USA) – April 29, 2008 – Alt-N Technologies announced today the release of its newest product in the fight to deliver Trusted Messaging Solutions to businesses around the world. SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP Servers incorporates 12 years of proven email security expertise and provides affordable email security firewall protection against spam, viruses, phishing, spoofing, and other forms of Malware that present an ongoing threat to legitimate email communications.
SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP incorporates the powerful SIEVE email filtering language with proven security technologies into a product that delivers simple, easy-to-use features to protect, analyze, manage, and report on the inbound and outbound email traffic patterns of Microsoft’s Exchange Server or any SMTP email server. Alt-N Technologies’ product development team has worked closely with customers and channel partners from around the world to build an email security product that offers quick installation, simple administration, and independent domain management to achieve the strongest security protection based upon a user’s unique email traffic patterns.
“Our focus has always been to do everything possible to keep the junk messages and other threats out of the user’s inbox,” said Arvel Hathcock, Founder and CEO of Alt-N Technologies. “The need for a cost effective edge role security gateway filter to protect mail servers from spam and other forms of Malware has never been greater. However, without a clear understanding of email technology, many products still deliver high false positive rates and users remain frustrated with the performance of their solution. So we have combined our expertise in email delivery technology with our award-winning email security features to develop an entirely new product that meets the needs of any customer using an Exchange or other SMTP email server. The result is an email security product that delivers simple administration, powerful filtering, and accurate results.”
Pre-launch activities with many of Alt-N Technologies’ channel partners have been well received and the flexible design of the product has many email administrators excited about the ease in which they can better manage the protection and performance of their Exchange and other SMTP mail servers.
The SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP Servers offers many advantages:
- Comprehensive Security Layers – Developed using a complete arsenal of anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-spoofing, and anti-abuse tools, SecurityGateway incorporates multiple testing methods to deliver maximum protection for mail servers.
- Simple Administration – Intuitive, task oriented interface allows already overworked administrators to perform common actions with minimal effort. Administrative responsibilities may be delegated to a domain administrator. End users are empowered to determine the fate of a message without the need to contact the administrator.
- Comprehensive Reporting – Identifying email traffic patterns and potential problems is simple using SecurityGateway’s comprehensive, real-time reporting features. All reports support point-and-click drill-down targeting allowing further analysis to be performed quickly and easily through color coded diagnostics.
- Accurate Detection – Multiple analysis tools for separating threats from legitimate email leverages the best proven anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-phishing, and anti-spoofing technologies to produce a 99% spam blocking rate and achieve nearly zero false-positive results.
- Data Loss Prevention – In addition to inbound mail traffic filtering, SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP also filters outbound email. An easy-to-use interface allows policies to be created which detect and prevent the unauthorized transmission of sensitive information outside of a customer’s network.
- Powerful Filtering Engine – SecurityGateway’s powerful filtering engine is based upon the industry standard SIEVE mail filtering language. This design provides an administrator with an unlimited ability to extend SecurityGateway’s functionality by using new SIEVE scripts for custom control and policy enforcement of email traffic.
- Defense Layer Customization™ – A unique control feature that allows email administrators the flexibility to prioritize the order of operations a specific security rule will execute when analyzing incoming or outgoing email traffic. This technique can result in faster processing of email by allowing the rejection or quarantine of messages at the earliest stage of analysis.
SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP Servers starts at $595 and supports small business as well as Enterprise installations. It will be initially released as a software product. An appliance form factor is scheduled to be offered in mid-2008. Customers can learn more about SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP Servers and download a free 30-day trial at http://www.altn.com/Products/SecurityGateway-Email-Firewall/.
About Alt-N Technologies
Alt-N Technologies develops affordable and secure messaging and collaboration solutions used by businesses in over 90 countries and 20 languages worldwide. The company’s flagship solution, the MDaemon Email Server for Windows, is a reliable platform that is installed in minutes, includes the latest email security authentication technologies, and requires minimal support and maintenance to operate. For more information, visit www.altn.com.
(817) 601-3222 x214
© 2008 Alt-N Technologies, Ltd. MDaemon Email Server is a registered trademark of Alt-N Technologies. All rights reserved.